Professional Pest Control For Duncan, SC Properties
With our mild winters and humid summers, pests love South Carolina. They can stay active year-round, which means Duncan property owners have to be vigilant to avoid the larger problems that pests can cause. The best way to do that is with expert pest control, which Greenville Pest Control offers to Duncan residents effectively and affordably. Learn how we tailor our services to a broad range of local property owners, to address all the different kinds of pests that can cause you problems.
Home Pest Control In Duncan, SC
Keeping your home safe from pests is really about eliminating access to all of the things that attract them to your yard and, in turn, to your home’s interior. While there are ways you can get started on this by yourself, there’s no substitute for ongoing professional pest control. Only frequent inspections by experts can catch all the early signs of pest activity, and the effective treatments offered by Greenville Pest Control keep your home safe from the following pest problems:
- Damage: Pests will chew, scratch, stain, and otherwise ruin your property. That’s why a pest problem is never just the pests themselves, but the damage to often irreplaceable household items they cause.
- Disease: One of the most serious problems that pests can introduce to your home are the diseases and parasites they may carry. Avoiding pests is about saving yourself from these health hazards.
- Population: Pest problems grow quickly, and the more pests are around the more problems they cause.
Do Cockroaches In Duncan, South Carolina Carry Diseases?
While mosquitoes may get a lot of attention for health risks because of their parasitic behaviors, they are hardly the only pests out there that carry diseases and transmit them to people. So do cockroaches, which are often better hidden and more prone to get indoors than mosquitoes are.
While they don’t carry the kinds of bloodborne pathogens that mosquitoes do, cockroaches in Duncan can still carry nasty illnesses like salmonella and plague. People and pets can contract these illnesses by coming into contact with cockroaches directly or, more likely, with their droppings and skin sheds. Of course, the best way to avoid these cockroach dangers is to keep them off of your property in the first place. To do that, you should partner with Greenville Pest Control. We offer fast and effective cockroach treatments that can eliminate an existing population or shield you from future problems. Even if you aren’t sure cockroaches are around, an inspection by one of our trained technicians can help you rest assured that problems you can’t see aren’t brewing. Contact us today to find out how we can protect your Duncan property from cockroaches and many other pests.
Why You Should Call The Pros For Mosquito Control In Duncan
While all kinds of pests can carry diseases, mosquitoes are some of the most notorious pests when it comes to dangers they can pose to people. That’s because they are parasites, which feed on the blood that they draw from underneath our skin with their needle-like noses. Because they traffic in blood, mosquitoes are uniquely designed to spread diseases, especially blood-borne pathogens like malaria and ebola. That’s why proper mosquito control is really about protecting you and your loved ones from the illnesses that pests like mosquitoes can carry.
With pests that nest outdoors and come in literal swarms, the best way to protect against them isn’t with netting or skin creams, it’s with full-blown yard treatments from Greenville Pest Control. Our sprays don’t just temporarily shield you from mosquito bites, they prevent mosquito populations from nesting on or around your property. For mosquito control that works, turn to Greenville Pest Control for overall protection.
Commercial Pest Control In Duncan, SC
Homes aren’t the only structures that provide pests with all they need to survive. Businesses can just as easily fall victim to a pest infestation, and many of them have all the same kinds of attractants that bring pests to homes. No matter what kind of business you own and operate, these factors make your property a magnet to many varieties of pest:
- Food: While restaurants, bars, hotels, and shopping malls pop into mind first, all kinds of businesses have food and food waste around for pests to scavenge. Everywhere there are people with lunches and breakfasts to eat, pests are likely to be near.
- Water: Most businesses have water sources too, or at least drainage pipes and sewage systems that can attract pests.
- Storage: Commercial properties need a lot of storage space and places to store overflow products or fresh deliveries. That, unfortunately, means there are plenty of dark rooms and containers for pests to hide in.
What Duncan Property Owners Ought To Know About Pigeons
Most people think of pigeons as annoying birds but not a serious problem. Although they can definitely be a nuisance, pigeons can also become an issue when they take up residence on your Duncan property. Some of the problems they cause include:
- Leaving contaminated droppings all over the place. These can make people sick and can also be a slipping hazard. Their droppings are also acidic, which can cause damage to the areas they touch.
- Building nests in your eaves or gutters. Nests can damage your building over time, especially when those nests clog up gutters and cause water damage to your roof.
- Damaging your business's image or hurting your home's curb appeal. No one wants to spend time in a place overrun with nuisance birds.
If your Duncan property has a pigeon problem, you need the best pigeon control available. Greenville Pest Control offers bird control services in Duncan that will rid your property of problem pigeons. We take the time to understand your unique bird control needs before putting a plan in place that gets rid of the birds on your property and prevents them from returning.
Here's How To Tell If There Are Bed Bugs In Your Duncan Home
Maybe you've been waking up with fresh bug bites each morning, or perhaps you heard from a friend who recently had to deal with a bed bug infestation. Whatever the reason, it's hard to concentrate on anything else when you start to wonder if bed bugs are in your house. Knowing what signs to look for to tell if bed bugs are in your Duncan home can be helpful to either alleviate your fears or push you into action to rid your home of the problem. Here's how to tell if there are bed bugs in your house:
- You find bug bites in clusters on the skin exposed while you sleep, such as your neck or bare arms.
- You discover tiny red spots on your sheets, blankets, or pillows.
- You notice light brown streaks on your sheets, blankets, or pillows.
- You look on your mattress, box spring, or near your headboard and find eggs, skin casings, or fecal matter.
- You see live bed bugs on your bed, in your drawers, on upholstered furniture, in cracks in the floor, or in other areas of your house.
- You start to notice a musty odor, even though you can't find anything in your house that would cause it.
If any of these signs are present in your house, you need bed bug services in Duncan right away. Greenville Pest Control provides the services necessary to eliminate your bed bug problem in its entirety.
How Dangerous Is It To Have Fleas In My Duncan Home?
Fleas are tiny creatures that are a serious annoyance when they get into your house, but is it dangerous to end up with a flea infestation in your Duncan home? The short answer is; it can be. Although fleas aren't the most dangerous pests you'll come across, they can and do spread diseases. They can also transmit tapeworms to your young children or pets. Furthermore, your pets are at risk of becoming anemic if you have a large flea infestation.
If fleas get into your Duncan home, flea control for your house is a necessity. Many people try to combat fleas with DIY treatments and over-the-counter products, but these methods are rarely successful. What usually happens is that the flea infestation seems to go away, only to return in the weeks to come. Instead, let Greenville Pest Control eliminate your flea infestation completely. Our services will get rid of fleas in all stages of development so that you don't have to worry about a reoccurrence
Three Things You Can Do To Minimize Mosquito Exposure In Duncan
If there was a way to get rid of mosquitoes in Duncan once and for all, spending time outside of your Duncan home would be much more pleasant on summer evenings. Unfortunately, no one has discovered a way to do that, so until that day comes, we have to get by with figuring out how to minimize our exposure to mosquitoes. The following three tips are great ways to get rid of mosquitoes:
- Reduce moisture around your property as much as possible. This step includes filling low spots to get rid of puddles, dumping out and refilling bird baths and pet dishes every couple of days, making sure your gutters aren't clogged, fixing dripping pipes, cutting back foliage to allow the sun to reach shaded areas, picking up children's toys that might collect rainwater, and more.
- Keep foliage trimmed. Cutting your grass frequently, removing debris on your lawn, and keeping shrubs and bushes trimmed helps remove mosquito resting spots.
- Get routine mosquito control treatments from Greenville Pest Control.
Mosquito control from Greenville Pest Control is a monthly service that is all-natural and safe for your family. It drastically reduces the number of mosquitoes on your property by eliminating adult mosquitoes and treating areas of standing water where they reproduce. For a pleasant summer outdoors, contact Greenville Pest Control for our Duncan mosquito control services today.